Two Bits Kid
Based in Berlin, Germany
April 11, 2014
Press / Business Contact:
Aeon of Sands - The Trail is a retro low fantasy RPG, set in a post-apocalyptic world, with first person, grid based exploration, puzzles, real time combat, and fully illustrated, non-linear, choose your story adventure.
The game follows the misadventures of a likeable slacker thrown out of his secluded city into an hostile infinite desert that personally hates him.
Throughout "The Trail", up to each of the possible endings, interpreting the vain and nap-loving clerk Setrani and his story, players decide their paths through a dangerous land, ravaged by the weather and by tribalistic xenophoby, all tinted by a wicked sense of humour and a sense of unpredictability.
Via multiple choice illustrated dialogues, the players are introduced to new situations; based on their decisions, new areas can be explored while other become inaccessible, they meet new companions or make enemies for life.
- non-linear CRPG with player dependent twists in plot;
- re-playability: every choice matters and leed to different stories;
- multiple endings;
- real-time action and fights;
- 20 sites to explore, more than 20 multilevel dungeons;
- hand drawn first person 2,5D environment;
- more than 40 monsters and unique bosses, each with about 10 frames of animation;
- more than 100 dialogues, that cannot be all read in the course of a single play;
- more than 200 illustrations that go along the dialogues;
- positional 3D audio;
- NPCs who can be encountered and added to the party,
and open or close different paths in the game story;
- 2 magic systems, an elemental one, heavily dependent on the objects,
and a mysterious one, dependent on the character focus;
- more than 200 very unique items;
- all game visuals drawn and painted digitally by hand;
- music recorded partly live with the help of talented musicians and improvisation performers;
- platforms: Windows | MacOSX | Linux
- release: 2018
Livestream of Aeon of Sands development #1 YouTube
There are far more images available, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
About the developers
TWO BITS KID is Florian Fischer and Marco Pedrana.
Florian has a background in cryptography software development. He is responsible for technical direction, game-mechanic and programming.
Marco is a draftsman and illustrator by trade and a social narrative artist; he is responsible for game direction, story and visuals .
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Founder of TwoBitsKid, Artist, Game Direction, Story
Founder of TwoBitsKid, Technical Direction, Development
external Artist - Spells
external Artist - Spells